How to Prepare a Manuscript
- Paper manuscript and bookbinding of documents A4 size paper (29.7 cm (L) x 21.0 cm (W)) will be used. On one sheet (one page), text will be formed into 52 characters x 50 lines x two-column format (5,200 characters). The document will not be bound for each presented paper, but will be bound in a composite volume(s) (1 to 2) for each of the presentation days. PDF file is sold at IEEJ Digital Library.
- Number of pages The paper should consist within 6 pages including figures, pictures and tables, as a general rule. When the paper consists of over 6 pages, a fee for additional page(s) will be charged. (5,000 yen + consumption tax per one page) If there is(are) additional page(s) in your paper, please fill in the information regarding additional page(s) when you submit a manuscript.
Please describe the title and so forth in the order from (a) to (e) according to the instructions to prepare a manuscript for an IEEJ technical meeting, and then write the main body.
- Title: Write the title in the center on the first line of the paper manuscript. (If the title is long, write it on the first and second lines.)
- Author’s name and affiliation: Write them in the center of the line under the title line with one line spaced. Presenter: Mark an asterisk “*” to the right of the presenter’s name like the arrangement example in the sample, if there are two or more authors.
- Abstract (within 50 to 100 words): Write it under the title and the author’s name (affiliation) with one line spaced. The first line of abstract will be indented four spaces.
- Key words: Write these under the abstract with one line spaced.
- Main body: As a general rule, please use this format: 52 characters x 50 lines x two columns (5,200 characters) under the key words with one line spaced.
- Numbering and font color
- Font color can only be black, and not diluted.
- Put the page number in the lower right margin of each page in the form of “page number/total number of pages” (for example, in a 6-page paper, the page number is represented as 1/6, 2/6, ooo, or 6/6), and also a paper number in the upper right margin of each page.
- Figures and tables
If necessary, figures may be subject to halftone treatment. (Colored figures and tables may not be clear when printed so that they will be colored in black ink.)
- Notes on PDF conversion of a paper manuscript to be submitted
- Usable fonts Fonts used in the manuscript are limited to the following fonts: Arial, Century, Times, Times New Roman, Helvetica, and Symbol. If fonts other than these ones are used, characters may be garbled due to printing conditions.
- Colors Colors in the manuscript are not limited. However, select colors carefully so that the paper can be printed clearly in gray scale.
- Resolution of pictures and images If the manuscript contains pictures and images, their output quality may be degraded due to PDF conversion. Make the job option value higher when making the PDF conversion.
- Creating a manuscript file Submit an electronic manuscript which is created as a PDF file (font embedded, 600 dpi resolution) that can be viewed and printed with Adobe Acrobat Reader 4.0 or later.
- File name extension Add the extension “.pdf” without fail.
- Applications for creating the manuscript Applications for creating the manuscript are not limited. Note that the IEEJ provides a MS-Word file template file to prepare the manuscript.
- As a general rule, PDF files shall be created with Adobe Acrobat Reader 4.0 or later (or equivalent applications). A simplified software is used under author’s responsibility.
- References should include not only the author’s own papers but the papers written by others, and ensure that appropriate and sufficient list of bibliography is provided. The author can-not attach any reference material that are related to content of the paper submitted.
- All references should be numbered and listed at the end of the main text, and the numbers should be noted in the main text with a parenthesized number in superscript, where the reference is made in the main text.
- Committee reports and in-house reports which are not available to public should not be included in the references.
- Papers pending acceptance should not be quoted.
- Reference should be stated in the following manner. Name of the author(s): “Title”, Name of Publication, Volume, Number, Page (Year and Month of Publication) Include all the author’s names in full. Try to avoid abbreviating the title.
- Separate printing
- If you want separate printing of the presented paper, please request it at the time of the paper submission. We cannot accept the request after the submission of the paper.
- The price for additional printing is indicated in the following table (tax excluded).The shipping cost is paid by the IEEJ.
Order number Fee for additional printing 30 copies 9,000 yen 50 copies 12,000 yen 100 copies 18,000 yen 150 copies 24,750 yen 200 copies 30,000 yen 250 copies 32,000 yen 300 copies 34,800 yen
- * A person living outside of Japan is free from sales tax.Shipping charge will be added separately.
- Submission of a paper manuscript
- The secretariat of the IEEJ will ask a representative presenter by e-mail to submit a paper manuscript.
- The author shall convert the paper manuscript into a PDF file and then upload the PDF file by the closing date for submission to the site “Input form for bibliographic items.” The URL is described in the e-mail regarding the request. The bibliographic items of the paper shall also be included. The file size of PDF file should be up to 10 MB.
- The secretariat of the IEEJ will store and manage the paper manuscript.
- Authors can revise a manuscript and submit it as many times as authors want until the deadline.
- Reminder will delivered to authors 10 days before the deadline of submission.
- The system will be locked after the deadline and any overdue submission will not be accepted. Make sure to complete the submission prior to 11:59:59 PM (Japan Standard Time) on the closing date.
- We may not publish a manuscript which seems unfinished or not to follow a given template, or a document other than manuscript, and regard it as “withdrawn”.
- Authors need to modify bibliographic items which are already inputted when these items changed. Authors can modify as many times as you want until the deadline. Bibliographic items which are inputted by authors are appeared to a table of contents and a program without modification.
- Confirmation will be automatically delivered to authors when a PDF file is completely submitted.
Copyrights of all papers submitted to the technical meetings of the IEEJ shall be transferred to the IEEJ. The authors shall be deemed to agree copyright transfer at the same time you submit the paper manuscript. The authors should understand that the following applies to the copyright transfer.
- Copyrights (all of the rights stipulated in the provisions from Article 21 to Article 28 in the Japanese Copyright Law) are hereby transferred to the IEEJ.
- Authors should take full cautions in quoting articles from other works to avoid any infringement of copyrights.
- Even if the copyrights have been transferred to the IEEJ, the authors reserve the following rights:
- All proprietary rights other than copyright, such as patent rights
- Re-use of part of the paper for their curriculum vitae
- To make copies for their own purposes other than for commercial purposes (e.g. for educational material)
- To use without violating the Japanese Copyright Law
- The copyrights in this paragraph include the following: Right of reproduction (Article 21), Right of performance (Article 22), Right of screen presentation (Article 22-2), Right of public transmission, etc. (Article 23), Right of recitation (Article 24), Right of exhibition (Article 25), Right of distribution (Article 26), Right of ownership transfer (Article 26-2), Right of rental (Article 26-3), Right of translation, adaptation, etc. (Article 27), and Right of the original author in the exploitation of a derivative work (Article 28) in the Japanese Copyright Law.
- If a paper manuscript includes color, especially blue and yellow, the paper may be clearly printed in gray scale. And if the resolution of figures, tables, pictures, and forth in a paper manuscript is low, similar situations may occur. Therefore, you should print out your manuscript in gray scale and check the print appearance.
- Errors concerning chapter numbering, such as duplication and mismatching, are observed frequently. You should check this again at the time of submission. (Submitted paper manuscripts in PDF will be printed without modification.)
- When using fonts other than “usable fonts” in the section 6, “Notes on PDF conversion of a paper manuscript to be submitted”, or when using a printing condition different from that of authors, characters may be garbled. Therefore, you should keep this in mind. (Submitted paper manuscripts in PDF will be printed without modification.)
- When a presenter at a technical meeting is under about 35, he/she is regarded as qualified for recommendation as a candidate for the Excellent Presentation Award A, regardless of IEEJ membership, and an assessment of his/her presentation is conducted in parallel with the presentation. Therefore, do not forget to select your eligibility of the Excellent Presentation Award when you apply for a technical meeting.
Inquiries and Applications for the Technical Meetings
Manager of R&D Management Section
The Institute of Electrical Engineers of Japan
Homat Horizon Bldg. 8F, 6-2, Goban-cho, Chiyoda-ku, Tokyo 102-0076, Japan
TEL: +81-3-3221-7313, FAX: +81-3-3221-3704
E-mail: event(at)iee.or.jp (at) > @